Phase 4. Scaling Up
What you might see
- Membership of the leadership group reflecting the diversity of the community;
- Sustained cross-sector collaboration around the shared agenda;
- Collaborative leadership competence building into a powerful coalition that intentionally and strategically exerts influence up, down and across the system;
- Leaders working intentionally to protect and embed the work into their organisations and power structures for the long-term;
- Induction of new stakeholders and people embedded in the culture and way of working;
- The shared agenda is well underway and known in the community and across sectors.
What you can do
- Increase the authority and empowerment of leadership group (and increase membership if appropriate);
- Recognise, engage and support collaborative leadership across different sectors, networks and age groups within the community;
- Negotiate across different levels, sectors, initiatives and organisations to build deeper alignment to the shared agenda;
- Orchestrate deeper and more diverse levels of alignment across the system;
- Engage with political leaders.
Leadership Tools & Resources
See our latest Facilitator Tools
Understand where your initiative is on the Collaborative Change Cycle
This resource describes and analyses four different perspectives on leadership: authentic leadership; adaptive leadership; neuro leadership; and complexity leadership.
This resource uses two case studies to identify the leadership roles, cultural norms and system-level checks that support organisations to be self-managing and nimble.