Phase 4. Scaling Up
What you might see
- Broad support for the collaboration to achieve goals;
- Local, specific innovations being set up and trialled with multiple partners;
- Government listening and working to enable community change processes;
- Infrastructure being built to support the agenda (e.g. shared measurement, strategic learning, communication);
- New people and partners getting involved and try new things to address the issue;
- The 'backbone' entity negotiating across different agendas to facilitate alignment to the shared agenda;
- Partners working to increase the number and diversity of sectors and stakeholders aligning their leadership, resources and effort to the agenda.
What you can do
- Build the infrastructure and foster collaborative ways of working for large scale action;
- Ensure that community members and factions are still joining;
- Authorise the priorities set by the community decision-making structure and the agenda for change;
- Create and adapt systems and processes to manage the work more effectively;
- Identify and implement quick wins to continue to test assumptions and ensuring continuous adaptation to achieve community and systems level change;
- Work to increase number and diversity of sectors and stakeholders aligning their leadership, resources and effort behind the agenda.
Collaboration Tools & Resources
Get support for your initiative
Organise your PlatformC resources
This resource provides practical guidance on how to and when to engage in horizontal management, which is concerned with working collaboratively across organisational boundaries.
This resource supports those working on community change initiatives to understand complexity and to work adaptively.
This resource articulates four steps in aligning collective effort.