Phase 5. Achieving Transformation
What you might see
- Ongoing co-ordinated experimentation;
- Effective innovations spreading (through principles, programs, practice);
- Ineffective things being shut down or divested;
- New discovery work occurring to cope with changes e.g. demographics or shifting policy agenda;
- Changes to systems at non-local level, thus influencing change in other places;
- Regular capability building and communities of practice;
- Regular reviews of strategy;
- Shifts or pivots in the operating model;
- The initiative has a reputation for innovation and is being used as a case study.
What you can do
- Action to sustain and renew, including continued capacity building;
- Invest in the development of specialised functions such as engagement;
- Revisit assumptions about the system now, the future system and the transition between them through system mapping and system modelling;
- Consider pivots to the intervention, or parts of the intervention;
- Continuously reflect on if / when to shut down the initiative;
- Continue to build focus on scale and implementation;
- Tell the story widely.
Innovation Tools & Resources
Get support for your initiative
Organise your PlatformC resources
This resource identifies 13 principles for challenging, altering and replacing our dominant ways of doing, thinking and organising in order to bring about social change.
This resource explains that big visions can be too generic to develop actional strategies around, and thus advocates breaking them down into several smaller goals.