3. Creating a Shared Vision
Welcome to Creating a Shared Vision! This phase of the Collaborative Change Cycle is all about refining the focus of collaborative efforts and formalising the approach, infrastructure and resources required to achieve shared goals.
What you might see
- Small numbers of community members beginning to take action, believing that change is possible;
- Service providers valuing the contribution of community members and community participation processes;
- Open dialogue about equity among a diverse group of stakeholders;
- Inclusive community engagement that caters for and respects diversity;
- Community members being valued as partners in the work;
- Existing and emerging community leaders participating in the agenda setting process.
What you can do
- Seek the involvement of community members from different cohorts, factions, and geographies;
- Include community members as genuine partners in negotiations and agreements;
- Make explicit links between community participation, the vision for change, and action plans;
- Create simple and plain language agreements about who will contribute what, how and when, including community members;
- Deliver early wins or small prototypes with community members leading or involved;
- Facilitate mutual learning – community members and service providers help each other to understand their perspectives and ways of working.