Phase 5. Achieving Transformation
Welcome to Achieving Transformation! This phase of the Collaborative Change Cycle is all about embedding new ways of working for long-term change to shift the underlying design of the system that held the problem in place.
What you might see
- There is a genuine movement for change that is sustainable and ongoing;
- Resentment of strong and long-term community leaders (there is a risk that community leadership, structures and processes become fixed, and/or that some community members are perceived to have special status);
- Sustained community leadership, control and engagement;
- Community holding service providers and government to account;
- Community decision-making embedded in the initiative;
- Government agencies sharing evidence and stories about the impact of community leadership to achieve systems change;
- Community actively self-organising in support of the agenda.
What you can do
- Provide ongoing opportunities for new and existing community leaders to develop and have influence;
- Facilitate ongoing community participation in all aspects of the work, including decision-making groups, working groups, community participation activities, as well as paid and unpaid work;
- Promote the role and contribution of community members in preparing for and achieving transformation.
Community Tools & Resources
Get support for your initiative
Organise your PlatformC resources
This resource contains a curated a list of papers, tools and resources for effective community engagement and movement building.