Phase 5. Achieving Transformation
Welcome to Achieving Transformation! This phase of the Collaborative Change Cycle is all about embedding new ways of working for long-term change to shift the underlying design of the system that held the problem in place.
What you might see
- Backbone and governance structures that are well evolved and may even be in a phase of re-invention based on learning;
- Community leaders and diverse stakeholders routinely participating in decision-making;
- Understanding of how to shift power for the purpose of making changes that support justice and equity for all;
- Functional and strong cross-sector collaboration;
- Systemic changes resulting from collaboration;
- Government accepting that this is the normal way of working in this community;
- New sectors and voices joining and aligning their leadership, resources and effort behind the agenda.
What you can do
- Review collaboration structures and processes to ensure that they are fit for purpose, that is, large-scale/ long-term change;
- Explore if/how to shift from a project focus to a ‘movement for change’ (noting that movements are less structured and therefore less amenable to management and control).
Collaboration Tools & Resources
Get support for your initiative
Organise your PlatformC resources
This resource provides 18 insights for transforming systems.
Cross-Sector Partnerships for Systemic Change: Systematized Literature Review and Agenda for Further Research
This resource provides a broad, multidisciplinary systematised review of literature on cross sector partnerships for systemic change.