Phase 5. Achieving Transformation
What you might see
- Backbone and governance structures that are well evolved and may even be in a phase of re-invention based on learning;
- Community leaders and diverse stakeholders routinely participating in decision-making;
- Understanding of how to shift power for the purpose of making changes that support justice and equity for all;
- Functional and strong cross-sector collaboration;
- Systemic changes resulting from collaboration;
- Government accepting that this is the normal way of working in this community;
- New sectors and voices joining and aligning their leadership, resources and effort behind the agenda.
What you can do
- Review collaboration structures and processes to ensure that they are fit for purpose, that is, large-scale/ long-term change;
- Explore if/how to shift from a project focus to a ‘movement for change’ (noting that movements are less structured and therefore less amenable to management and control).
Collaboration Tools & Resources
See our latest Facilitator Tools
Understand where your initiative is on the Collaborative Change Cycle
Inevitably things happen in these type of collaborations – where people are hurt and relationships break down. This video touches on some ways you can recover and rebuild trust. Deep Collaboration is a way of working that was created by First Nations and other Multicultural Australians to find new ways to work and lead together.
A key tool to depersonalise and look at systemic ‘voices’ or positions in the collaboration is by identifying ‘roles’. This video explores how to deepen the work by shifting or taking up other roles. Deep Collaboration is a way of working that was created by First Nations and other Multicultural Australians to find new ways to work and lead together.
This resource provides 18 insights for transforming systems.
Cross-Sector Partnerships for Systemic Change: Systematized Literature Review and Agenda for Further Research
This resource provides a broad, multidisciplinary systematised review of literature on cross sector partnerships for systemic change.
Change Cycle Locator Tool
Take the quick survey to work out where you are on your change journey and access information specific to your needs