Collaborative Governance: An introductory practice guide
This paper supports collaborative initiatives in addressing complex social issues.It highlights ways of building and sustaining the collaborative governance structures and practices required for impact.
What is collaborative governance? Collaborative governance is the way collaborations organise themselves to achieve their goal. Collaborative governance is inclusive of processes, structures, and dynamics of decision making and coordination, across organisational and sectoral boundaries including community.
This practice guide provides insights into the questions:
- What is collaborative governance, and why is it needed?
- How is collaborative governance different from traditional governance?
- How does collaborative governance evolve over time?
- What are the roles of government and the backbone in collaborative governance?
- What principles can guide this work together?
Download the full practice guide below.